Sunday, May 11, 2008

Tummy Trouble

Well folks, in the midst of my nutrition blogs I seem to have developed a stomach issue. Don't fret, I am not sick. I think between it being 90-100 degrees here everyday my tummy was just more sensitive than usual to the different oils, spices, and produce. At the peak of it I was exhausted (2 hour savasanas were being taken), bloated, and a tad "overactive" in the digestive department. Not fun. Luckily, Madhu, the best Ayurvedic doc, said to just have fruit only for a few days and all will be fine. I took his advice, along with this icky herbal potion he gave me to drink, and voila! I was cured within 12 hours. I have my energy back and feel like myself again. I am still sticking to mostly fruit, rice, and some very plain (aka boring) vegetables with no seasoning. But I feel great and my yoga practice is top notch again. More than anything else it taught me to be patient as nothing is permanent.

So I had to take a brief break from the nutrition blogs....wasn't really in the mood to write about food during the boring fruit only days. But the fun stuff will resume tomorrow. I honestly can't complain. Many people here get major food related sickness and mine could just be considered an annoyance. I keep hearing my Mom, Anne The Nurse, in the back of my mind saying, "Wash your hands, take your vitamins, and drink lots of fluids". She's right, of course.

No comments: