Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Passing on the love.....

The last few days have been a huge reminder that times are tough for everyone. Because many of us are more stressed financially than normal there is not as much to donate to those in need. I have pondered this endlessly over the last few days and have been racking my brain as to how I can make a difference. Finally, I have come to a decision.

Tonight I was fumbling through the mail while discussing the Fall Retreat with Ben. I couldn't put my finger on it but I felt that some aspect of the retreat was incomplete. When I opened a letter from the Disabled Veterans of America, thanking us for our recent donation, it hit me: THE RETREAT NEEDS KARMA YOGA!

As a result, I am happy to say that 10% of the profits from the retreat will be donated to St. Judes Childrens' Hospital for youngsters fighting cancer. If you are just hearing about St. Judes for the first time, you will be impressed. They never turn away anyone who cannot afford treatment.....ever! They also have some of the finest therapies to help children and their families heal from the challenges that cancer brings to their lives. Anyone is welcome to donate, even if they cannot attend the retreat. I will personally ensure that your donation is sent to those in need.

This decision has inspired me to make the Autumn Retreat the best one to date. If you would like to join us on October 18th, or add to the donation for St. Jude's Research Hospital, please email me at sara@sarayoga.com

Peace, Love, and Light
S

No comments: